Wednesday 1 December 2010

Baby steps, a thousand baby steps.

Hello again,
The slow slog towards knowing exactly what I'm doing when it comes to recording, encoding and uploading game footage continues ahead of some real developments and uploads.

Tonight I've spent a few hours testing numerous settings and programs for Let's Multiplay and it looks as if the free option is actually the best, Camstudio coming up with videos with better frame rates and higher quality than the costly Camtasia Studio. The only problem is that it can't capture sound directly from the games themselves but seeing as I'll be talking over the games as I play them that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm uploading to Youtube right now and might post a link to the test vids if anyone's interested, getting another set of eyes on things like this is always a good idea seeing as I might well be too harsh/soft on myself.

It'll take another night or two before I get everything to where I want it I'd expect. It's taking a few minutes to record footage, another ten to save it then around an hour to get each clip onto Youtube to see how well the transition has gone so it's a time consuming task to say the least. Here's hoping I crack the right combination of settings and codecs soon.

Last up for this mini update is the news that for now I think I'm going to have to focus on one console until I've got everything figured out for recording footage to a standard I'm happy with.
So, given it's the one I've already started the list for I'll be looking to make Mega Drive related vids in the near future. I'll be extending the list over the next week so give me a shout if there's a game you'd like to drop by and play with me.

Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment