Friday 29 April 2011

A word on some more recent gaming news

Welcome back to the pit of pissy company bashing that this blog appears to have become. Given my habits this ought to come as no surprise to those who know me personally. So, what's been going on in the world of gaming this week?

First up, the successor to the Wii has been announced. It's due to be shown at this years E3 in June and obviously at this point further details are scarce. There's a lot of rumor and suggestions flying around about it being more visually capable than even the PS3 or that it will feature touch screen technology (already officially called into doubt) but my only question is will there be anything released that I'm all that fussed about. Allegedly the likes of Rockstar are on board to develop so with any luck there will be enough games to get me interested. Alas the Wii sits in its corner, neglected bar the occasional bout of Smash Bros. Nintendo's going to have to come up with something special to get me to gamble on them again.

Soul Calibur 5 has been announced and that's good news to me. I'm a big fan of the series so knowing that the next entry is on the horizon is exciting. I'm expecting even more lush graphics and the return of the entire cast plus a few new faces. Now if they just throw in a Soul Blade quest mode I might have some sort of fan pandering related breakdown.

Sony wont take responsibility for their lax security. Those of you who own PS3s will know well enough by now what's going on with the PSN being down and that your personal details have been stolen. Well, Sony has gone some way to respond to claims that credit card details might be at risk with the following Q&A on the subject so it seems there's not so much of a reason to worry provided they're being honest.
As I don't own a PS3 I'm left to look on from the sidelines but all I can think about off the back of this situation is that we all need to think more about who has our personal info and how much their claims of high security can be trusted, especially given Sony refuses to take responsibility for the details you give them. I suspect other such major multinational companies would do the same given a similar circumstance and it's down to us as consumers to make sure we're all fighting for our rights through offical chanels and well directed complaints.

And in other news, there's some piss poor Dragon Age dlc out this week featuring two packs of weapons and armor at 400ms. Hmm, weapons and armor that add nothing to the game but visual flair or a 400ms fully featured arcade game, let me take a moment to think about that choice. In fact, I wont, that's crap DLC from Bioware on a par with the game breaking Feast Day gifts doled out for cash for the original Dragon Age. Missions and characters for that kind of money, not textures, models and stats thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment